12.12.2016

ANNA LaBENZ: Suspended Breath at PhotoNola

 rom the series Suspended Breath
Photograph (c) Anna LeBenz

 rom the series Suspended Breath
Photograph (c) Anna LeBenz

from the series Suspended Breath
Photograph (c) Anna LeBenz

"Peeling back the layers I see beyond the boundaries of the ordinary. Discovering pieces of my life that were overlooked or hidden. I want to  know what my head hid from my heart. My art gives my lungs room to breathe, my heart freedom to flutter, and my mind space to dream."

I met Anna LaBenz at the 2016 PhotoNola Portfolio Reviews. She recently graduated with a Master's of Fine Art degree in Photography from Maine Media College. Her background began in the high desert plains of Wyoming where she grew up and now lives in a beautiful mountain town in northern Arizona. She is inspired by the dramatic landscape of Arizona, her life experiences, and those who are closest to her and is currently working on large scale installations. 


No comments: