12.05.2009

RUSSELL SIMMONS AND BROTHERS: Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation

Nicky Enright, It's Gon' Rain, 2008

Noelle Lorraine Williams, Hijacked, 2006

Hong Seon Jang, Zip City, 2009

Art allows people a way to dream their way out of their struggle.
–Russell Simmons

RUSH PHILANTHROPIC ARTS FOUNDATION was founded in 1995 by brothers Russell, Danny and Joseph "Rev.Run" Simmons. The Foundation is dedicated to providing disadvantaged urban youth with significant arts exposure, access and education as well as providing exhibition opportunities to early and mid-career artists and artists of color. "As art has been such a pivotal aspect in my life, I want the youth of today to realize that art can transform lives and bring people together by unleashing the imagination," said Russell Simmons, chairman and co-founder of Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and entertainment mogul. Russell Simmons Global Grind

A core program of the Foundation is the Rush Arts Gallery which supports the diverse creative practices of the emerging artistic community and promotes experimental ventures in visual production, curatorial work, performance and community involvement. Rush Arts Gallery (RAG) current multimedia group exhibition Borderline includes artists Carla Aspenberg, Andrew Demirjian, Nicky Enright, Hong Seon Jang, Yeni Mao and Noelle Lorraine Williams.

Borderline Dec 24-Jan 16, 2010
Rush Arts Gallery 526 West 26 St NYC

Russell Simmons Global Grind

2 comments:

Caio Fern said...

Hi Dear .
Your post brings me so much hoppe and feeds my dreams .
in the hardest moments of my live , the art into the Museums and Foundations were the only companions i had . and the only ones that acept me to look at giving some kind of retrubution .
art was the only way too , for make people see that i exist .
Russell Simmons is right on the sentences you posted here .
my dream is one day have my own foundation of arts and give to people what art gave to me .

Anonymous said...

A good foundation doing good works. I've followed some of the artists listed in RAG show. I'm familiar with Noelle Lorraine Williams series about Condoleezza Rice.