7.02.2010

A Monks PhotoJournal: May and June

Khyongla Rato Rinpoche and friends, May 2010 (enlarge)
Photograph (c) Nicholas Vreeland /All Rights Reserved

Geshe Vreeland rushing through Naples, June 2010
Photograph (c) Beatrice Caracciolo /All Rights Reserved

Rome, June 2010
Photograph (c) Nicholas Vreeland /All Rights Reserved

New York Leica Gallery Director Jay R. Deutsch and Nicholas Vreeland.
My photo, NYC,
June 4, 2010


Rinpoche, author of "My Life and Lives", with a foreword by Joseph Campbell, studying Tibetan texts on his porch, June 2010. Photograph (c) Nicholas Vreeland /All Rights Reserved

HH The Dalai Lama Teaching at Radio City Music Hall, May 20th-22nd, 2010. The Teaching Organizers, front row facing, l to r; Khyongla Rato Rinpoche, Geshe Nicholas Vreeland, Richard Gere and translator Geshe Thupten Jinpa. Photograph (c) Herman Velez/All Rights Reserved

Khyongla Rato Rinpoche making a traditional offering to HHDL
Photograph (c) Herman Velez/All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

JMW said...

I love how unexpected many of these photos are - not what you would imagine a monk doing! The first image is priceless!

Ange said...

This has just reminded me that I should be doing my meditation and not be sitting in front of my screen ;-)
So I shall away and be back later.

José Maria said...

me gustan, son espectaculares
un saludo desde
La MANCHA - España

Robert Herman said...

Thomas Merton, the monk and author of the "Seven Story Mountain" did a book of photographs in the late seventies: "Geography of Holiness"

wf said...

Elizabeth,
Thank you for the glimpses of Rato Khyongla and his world. Living now in Mexico, it's like cool water in the desert.