9.04.2009

CHINA CONTEMPORARY ARTIST: Yang Li Ming


Painting Strokes, Fei Jia Cun, Beijing, China 
Photograph (c) William Avedon/All rights reserved
 
Yang Painting, Fei Jia Cun, Beijing, China 
Photograph (c) William Avedon/All rights reserved


YANG LI MING, a leading painter of abstract art from Cheng Du, the capital of China’s Sichuan Province, studio is in the Fei Jia Cun Artist Village in Beijing, China. Yang’s abstract paintings are constructed of layer upon layer of vibrant, rolling lines, which he creates while listening to Mozart and Bach at deafening volume. Yang explains that the first few strokes of his paintings are the most important, as they determine the success of following layers and the final work.

The Fei Jia Cun Artist Village is one of several art communities surrounding Beijing where leading painters, sculptors and photographers from across China work and exhibit. These art villages represent the forefront of China’s Abstract, Pop, and Neo-Realist artists. More China Contemporary Artists Yang Jinsong and Wang Xing. – by William Avedon

About Yang Li Ming

16 comments:

layers said...

fascinating process--- it's like painting music...

Laurie Justus Pace said...

I look forward to see more. Awesome combination of work.

Caio Fern said...

hi Elizabeth !!
it was a real pleasure to discover your blog today , thank you for have droped by on mine .
i miss blogs on internet about contemporary art in general with a real proposal , there are so few .
see you !!

jeff said...

Buonasera !
Je viens de "parcourir" votre blog et je dois dire que les réalisations que j'ai aperçu sont extraordinaires !
I'll come back...! Sure !
See you...!...;-)
Ciao !

Bea said...

Great content on your blog. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for stopping by mine. It's a wonderful world, isn't it? :)Bea

Leslie Avon Miller said...

layers of line - so eloquent and satisfying. thanks Elizabeth

Greet Lefèvre said...

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for following my blog!
So now I have discovered yours and oh my god, what a stunning pictures!!
I love it!

Greet

Rose C'est La Vie said...

Thank you for featuring these Chinese artists. Interesting to see how eastern and western culture
collides.

Tavarua said...

Beautiful Blog....This is pure art and that is what we live for in life and expression....Passion,Passion, Passion.....
This is Great....

All the best....

Unknown said...

Those are gorgeous lines. Reminds me of some contemporary music scores.

WrightStuff said...

That's really fascinating. When I paint I listen to classical music - there's something quite magically inspiring about it! Maybe if I turn the volume up I will get as good as this guy. There is so much depth.

Unknown said...

What a marvelous process - thank you for sharing with us.

Nettie Edwards said...

Your blog is a revelation. Thank you for taking an interest in mine.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Once again, I learn something new from your blog. I have not ever heard of YANG LI MING, or his works. I have come to appreciate you and your blog more and more, as I visit.

Sharon Barfoot said...

When living in China, I was fascinated with the artwork being produced there. Thank you for introducing me to more wonderful work.

magicpolaroid said...

incredible pictures and interesting post!
ciao, Luis