2.18.2012

MICHAEL AVEDON: VMAN and the Artists

Portrait of Artist Chuck Close
Photograph (c)
Michael Avedon


In ART RUBY, photographer Michael Avedon states, "Photography is largely in part a mystery to me. I am drawn to faces, and when I received my first camera as a gift from my grandmother that is where I began. Friends’ faces, strangers’ faces, my own face. As of recently I have found a particular interest in photographing artists at work in their studios. Each space ends up being a reflection or extension of the artist within it, and it therefore seems to be the ideal natural environment to capture some sort of truth about that person." Read "Meet Michael Avedon: Art Ruby's Newest Contributor"

25th Issue of VMAN | Guest Edited by Carine Roitfeld, includes
The Artists Are Present: Photographs by Michael Avedon

The Artists Are Present...these 6 rising artists are just starting to make a name for themselves, as is the young man who shot them, Michael Avedon, 21-year-old grandson of iconic photographer Richard Avedon.–VMAN

As guest editor of VMAN's 25th issue, Carine Roitfeld, former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris, featured photographs by Michael Avedon of emerging artists shot with his preferred black & white 35mm film. Also check out "Michael Avedon: A Portrait of the Artist" which includes one of my favorite self-portrait's ever!

2 comments:

Susan May Tell said...

these are great!

Caio Fern said...

the article :Meet Michael Avedon: Art Ruby’s Newest Contributor, is really good and true.