3.26.2016

ANDI SCHREIBER: WonderLust

Photograph © Andi Schreiber


Photograph © Andi Schreiber


Photograph © Andi Schreiber


Photograph © Andi Schreiber


Family life, while blossoming with promise can feel like slow suffocation. WonderLust is a visceral response to my immediate surroundings - a world where I’m at home yet hovering on the periphery, an insider and outsider at once. Through these images I find my place within my family’s framework and that of a larger existence.  My photographs are small rewards; sublime bits risen from the everyday.

 I live here.

A sense of wonder and thrill of attraction is at the core of this series. I’m struck by the accidental image: a flash of color, a passing gesture. Details make me tingle.  I need to experience deeply what is here, right now.  

WonderLust embraces sensation in a world brimming with stand-ins for what is authentic. I find it all quite stirring. It's as if I have no choice but to turn my irresistible desire into something tangible, into a photograph. I want to seduce the viewer to feel as I do – to know pleasure, to be alive. – Andi Scheiber


No comments: