5.06.2010

CYCLING THE WORLD: Global Citizen Furtemba Sherpa Promotes Peace

"My Name is Furtemba Sherpa, I am a world Cyclist.
I have left Nepal December 25, 2003"

New York City

Italy

Helping in Haiti

Iguaçu Falls, South America

The Healing Center of "John of God"
Casa de Dom Ignacio, Abadiania, Brazil


Brasília

Furtemba Sherpa, World Tour Cyclist

"My name is Furtemba Sherpa, a Global Citizen. Originally, I am from a small village called Sankuasabha in Nepal. At the age of 26, I started world cycle tour with the cause of "World Peace and Environmental Protection." Since 2003, I had been cycling to 46 countries and intend to cycle 150 countries all together which should be done by 2020."

Furtemba Sherpa is the great-grandson of Tenzing Norgay, who first reached the summit of Mount Everest in 1953 alongside Sir Edmund Hillary. Conquering the Himalayas has been considered by most Sherpas in Nepal as the pinnacle of success, but Furtemba is embarking on his dream to become the first Sherpa to cycle around the globe to promote his message of World Peace and Environmental Protection.

4 comments:

Caio Fern said...

hi Furtemba !! nice to meet you !

Aleks said...

Cool!! :O)

concretenprimroses said...

What a quest! Thanks for posting, glad to know about it.
Kathy

Jim Nariel said...

Hey great pictures and happy cycling - cheers

http://cyclingframes.blogspot.com