10.27.2009

MAASAI MARATHON: NYC Eco-Warriors

Kenyan's (click for bio's) Samson Parashina, Martin Sunte, and Parashi Ntanin in NYC to run the Marathon

Samson Parashina, Edward Norton, Parashi Ntanin, Andrew Wolff, Martin Sunte, Luca Belpietro, Founder of Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust

Parashi Ntanin with Dung Beetle

Kenyan Running Shoes

Huge Strangler Fig Tree, Sacred to the Maasai, in the Chyulu Forest

Maasai are natural runners, it is a part of their culture and tradition as warriors, so it seemed very organic to have some of these new generation ‘eco-warriors’ come brave the NY streets for their community–Edward Norton

NOVEMBER 1, 2009, actor Edward Norton and three Maasai Warriors from Kenya, will lead a team of 30 runners in the New York City Marathon to raise awareness and funds for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust
MAASAI MARATHON

7 comments:

Bea said...

How great is that, great cause and wonderful to have them running. :)Bea

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Aren't they just plain wonderful, I wonder how they liked their shoes...

gianna said...

....massai are popular now...because Obama s father was from Kenya...
i like the first photo
kiss from argentina i like very much your blog

Anonymous said...

ME PARECEN FABULOSAS LAS FOTOGRAFIAS-----POR DIOS!
ME ENCANTAN!
:) SAUVIGNONA FROM ARGENTINA

Illuminated Manuscripts Workshop said...

Hi Elizabeth... Love your work, and your blog. Thanks for finding me in this vast sea in which we all now swim... blessings

Illuminated Manuscripts Workshop said...

PS: the irony of me coming to your site today is that, just yesterday I finished a post I have been working on. Which I posted today with a photograph of Marian Anderson by Richard Avedon, which I found a few days ago... I mean how surreal is that! ...I can never imagine anyone ever being bored with life... it’s too amazing… I mean you just can't make this stuff up! Well I guess you could. But it would not be nearly as interesting...

looking forward to surfing through your blog more.

Ann-Marie Stillion said...

I want a pair of Kenyan running shoes! Or Tarahumajara running shoes or ???